Student Exchange Program (SEP)
Student Exchange Program
Academic Year 2020 – 2021 (Term 201)
Eligibility Requirements at the time of SEP Online Application:
1. Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75.
2. Minimum ETS TOEFL-iBT score of 70 (can be submitted later but within the deadline).
3. Completion of a minimum of 30 credit hours and a maximum of 80 credit hours.
4. No conflict with Coop or Summer Training.
- Students applying for the program must maintain a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a minimum semester GPA of 2.5 in the term 191 and 192.
- Some host universities require ETS TOEFL-iBT score higher than 70. Therefore, a low TOEFL score does not guarantee admission in your desired/appropriate host universities.
- Your final approval is subject to the availability of seats and the approval of the Ministry of Education.
Please follow the Instructions below before you start filling the SEP online application:
- Carefully read the SEP Regulations.
- The SEP program is offered only for the first semester of the academic year. We do not accept application by hand written forms. You need to apply online through our website (https://oic.kfupm.edu.sa). You may apply without TOEFL at this moment. SEP online application process contains three forms; Form 1, Form 2, and Form 3. If you need more time to complete the online application, you may need to extend the session by clicking the notification at the top of the browser window. If you ever feel that clicking the button does not action properly, then you need to perform the registration again from the beginning. Once you submit the Form 1, you may come back later to finish the Form 2 and Form 3. However, you will be registered in the system only after submission of the Form 2. After submission of the Form 2, you should see the successful notification page and you must receive a notification email at your KFUPM email. In case you do not receive any such email then you are not actually registered in the system. In that case, you need to re-perform the registration. If the problem persists, you should contact the Office of International Cooperation (OIC) immediately and off-course before the deadline. You must complete the registration (Form 1 and Form 2) within the deadline i.e. November 3, 2019.
- The third form (Form 3) is related to the documents uploading only. You do not need to upload anything for successful completion of online registration. You only need to upload your TOEFL score before the deadline which is November 3, 2019. Please do not upload any other documents. You must upload a scan copy of your valid (valid until May 31, 2020) TOEFL-iBT result (min score 70) before the deadline which is Nov 3, 2019. In case you do not have a valid TOEFL score, the TOEFL score filed will be assigned automatically ‘0’ by the system for the time being. You also need to submit a valid TOEFL result to OIC email (email@example.com). Furthermore, you must update your TOEFL score field in Form 2 while uploadig the scanned copy of your TOEFL result within the deadline i.e. November 3, 2019.
- You need to renew your passport if it is going to expire before February 2021. When you receive your new passport, you should again upload and inform the OIC office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). While registration, you must mention your name in English as it EXACTLY appears in your passport (with a comma, family name, initials, etc.). Your Arabic name that appears in the gray area of the online application (Form 2), must be EXACTLY similar to your National ID card. If you find any information is wrong, please take immediate actions with the Registrar’s office and also inform OIC office at email@example.com .
- If you want to change some information of your online application, you may login any time before the deadline and perform necessary changes or information updates e.g. TOEFL result uploading, TOEFL score field update in Form 2.
- You may check our list of Partner Universities and list of Equivalent Courses .
SEP Online Application Link: http://oic.kfupm.edu.sa (log in by using your KFUPM portal username & password).
ETS TOEFL-iBT Registration Link: https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register.
SEP Application Deadline: 11:59 PM, Sunday, November 3, 2019.
TOEFL Deadline: 11:59 PM, Sunday, November 3, 2019.
OIC Office: Room 1027, Building 59
OIC Phone Ext. 7703/8067
OIC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact the OIC office (Ext. 7703/8067) from Sun-Thu, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm (except prayer’s time).